Are you a beginner curious about bees, or a practicing beekeeper looking for natural alternatives that work? This book is for you! Fedor Lazutin, one of Europe’s most successful natural beekeepers, shares an approach that is fun, healthful, rewarding, and accessible to all. Discover his unique insights on how to:
- keep bees naturally without interfering in their lives;
- start an apiary for free by attracting local bee swarms;
- build low-maintenance hives that mimic how bees live in nature;
- keep colonies healthy & strong without any drugs or gimmickry;
- help bees overwinter successfully even in harsh climates;
- enhance local nectar plant resources;
- produce truly natural honey without robbing the bees;
- reverse the global bee decline... right in your backyard!
An invaluable resource for beginners and professionals alike, this richly illustrated book is complete with plans for making bee-friendly, well-insulated horizontal hives with extra-deep frames — plus other fascinating advice you won’t find anywhere else.
You will gain a profound respect for the bees’ intelligence, the practical information for successfully starting and maintaining a few (or many!) colonies in your own backyard, and an appreciation of the bees’ harmonious cooperative ways — which may be key to creating a brighter future for our planet.